Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

poor voice quality at Ph 2 i2004 with IPline 4.50.88

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAS1512

Technical User
Jan 19, 2007
EU
Hi,
I have got an 11C with rls 4.5 and MC32 card with Ipline 4.50.88 on it. The site has got 4 no of i2004 Ph2 phone with D9F firmware on it. But they complains that compare to digital or analog phone the voice quality is very quite at IP phones while making an outgoing call thru DASS PRI or a call to an analog or digital phone from IP phones.... The site doesnt have a signalling server ..

Guys does anybody have experienced a problem like this ..

Hi Daza,

I have heard of a fault similar to this. If IP to IP calls are ok (as it was in the fault I heard of) I believe it was somthing to do with the ISDN. If you have some COTS you can test with and find its ok on them I would look at the PRI settings. On the fault I heard of it was some timers on the PRI's that corrected te fault. Sorry I cant remember what, but hopefully someone else can help.

Cheers

Scott

Hi scott,

Other than PRI call they have problems in poor voice while calling a analog or digital ext of same PBX .

Hi Das,
Sorry.

hmmmm... Maybe play with the ATRN's, only problem is it might effct you tdm phones also. Not having a Sig Server makes it a bit of a bummer to check all the settings, but you could try checking in OTM IP Telephony section the codec you are using. Not sure what sort of switches your site is using, but if you have vlans ect.. set up maybe go in after hours and pull the tlan over to a 8 port hub or switch to confirm if its a network issue.

Also 4.5 has like over 100 patches and I have been recieving emails from nortel saying they are pulling some patches that they have found to cause issues, so maybe a fresh MDP install of the latest patches might not hurt.

Cheers.

ok scott,

I did the patch stuffs and taken |Mirrc report and did all that is required in patch side .

Do you have any DDB config at LD 73 or losp at LD 97.Pl forward it to me..

Thanks

IP to digital nails this to your network. You need a network engineer who understands QoS concepts to resolve this problem. Poor call quality for IP telephones on a network always relates a QoS issue. An understanding of bandwidth zones and their relationship to both the switched and routed infrastructure is critical as are understanding the concepts of QoS classification, marking and queueing.

To put the theory to the test, put an IP phone on the same VLAN as the TLAN for the media gateway cards and make some trunk calls. If this is already the case, see previous paragraph!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back