Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

poor raptor performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thargy

Technical User
Nov 15, 2005
GB
I have just started evaluating Raptor.

Has anyone else had a chance to play with it yet? I am finding it significantly slower than TOAD, but it does get there in the end.

I surmise that this is because Raptor is written in Java.

has anyone out there any observations to confirm/deny my suppositions. How is Raptor performing for you?

Regards

Tharg

Grinding away at things Oracular

Hi,

I've just installed raptor and I'm finding that it runs the same as in TOAD! Although I've not run anything complicated.

I've found it useful in that we don't have full TOAD here and the free new version restricts number of row exported etc so I've been using an old, old version that would execute statements, but wouldn't generate scripts, PL/SQL correctly.

Atleast now I can write my "select from where" and my "declare begin loop end loop end;" in one app rather than switching between sqlplus and TOAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back