Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poor / crackling calls - Outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

skk391

Technical User
Mar 3, 2009
GB
Hi,

I'm new to the Avaya world, come from Nortel. I have had the following issues reported to me. Users when ringing externally are experiencing crackling on the line. We have ruled out the network ( all test come back reporting no issue ) this is a remote site which connects back to our main CM site.

Would the following test be useful?

I thought I could take a test phone and put it in the same network region as the problem network region. Once this is done, I could then make external calls and see if I experience the same issue.

I wanted to know what logical steps people take to help to try to troubleshoot this problem. We have had this type of problem before but it has always been the network , but this time I'm confident that it isn't.

I know which trunk groups these phones use to dial out , but how do I build the relationship between the trunk groups used and the ds1 card? My logic being that I could run a ' list measurements ds1 log ' to see if there are any issues on the ds1 cards.

Any information or troubleshooting steps would be greatly accepted.

Many thanks

Are they dialing out locally or from the main site, also what type of trunks

These remote site use trunks from the main site. We are using isdn30 trunks.

Whats the switch bandwith and cor for the QoS set to that will also make crackling sounds over WAN

Today Makes Tomorrow

What command do I need run to check the bandwidth. I have had the QoS on the network checked with the networks team and the QoS is configured correctly

Are all the crackling calls external phone calls? All through the same trunk(s)?

Have you done a "list tra sta" to see if anything obvious pops up?

Will be running a trace tomorrow and report back. Other sites use the same trunks and are not reporting anything unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back