Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycomm-flash feature not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nappers

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
When using a Polycomm phone off a M1B PacBell line, the flash feature works to conference other members onto a conference call. But, when using the ATA off the Norstar to provide analog dial tone to the polycomm, the flash feature does not work. Is this normal? Is there anything I need to do to make this feature work?

Thanks For the Advice,
Nappers

When you are using the ATA on the norstar the flash is what allows you to access the features; to make a last number redial call you would hit flash then dial * 5 to use the feature code for last number redial (5).
So to make a confrence call if you have confrence available on the outside line you are connected to and talking on you would hit FLASH * 7 1 get the second dial tone, dial the number, wait for answer, hit FLASH * 7 1 again to link the two together.
alternatly the steps are as follows: make your first call, FLASH * 2 (places first call on hold
Make second call
Flash * 3 (completes confrence connection)
Note: If second call is busy or not available Flash 2 returns you to first call
during confrence you can put confrence on hold from you but still connected by FLASH 2 (Holds the two confrees but they can talk to each other)
During a confrence you can split it for a consult by
FLASH # 3 to split the conf
FLASH 2 to toggle between calls
FLASH * 3 to restore the confrence
to disconnect one party: FLASH # 3 puts one caller on hold and you are connected to the other call
hang up the call or toggle to the other call and then hang up
go back on speaker and you will be back to the call that was not connected.

I know this sounds really nasty to do during a confrence but it is right out of the book. I would practice it a few times before even thinking of trying to show anybody how to do it.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Jerry,

Yea, I found this info in the SCG. I found that if I try to conference by calling the external caller first, then I cannot conference on an internal caller, which makes sense I guess because I would already be out of the Norstar. The feature worked for one internal caller to be on the line and then conferenced to the external call. Almost a useless feature for my customers, but the guide does state that it only allows you to establish a 3-way call between "you", one external caller and one intercom caller.

Thanks for the help,
Nappers

Nappers,
I have been able to increase the number of people on a conference by mixing the link (outside line flash) and a norstar confrence together ie. make a call then flash * 7 1 and make a second call, put this on hold(Flash * and do the same thing again, now flash * 3 and confrence the two ouotside lines, each with two conferees on them, together Note on this: outside lines need to have 3 party confrence on them. This is so cumbersom I don't think anyone will ever actually use it. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I agree with you Jerry! Thanks for all your insight, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back