Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

polycom to ata2????

Status
Not open for further replies.

notme11

Technical User
Dec 15, 2004
US
I have a customer who purchased a polycom soundstaion w2 conference phone. Got it working using and ATA of the BCM 400. Problem is, the BCM obviously does not recognize the "conference" button on the phone. I seem to remember having this problem with a different phone, and having to press a bunch of flashes and such. Anyone tried it?

The Polycom is a Conf ROOM phone, it is not a Conf phone, you do a conf the same way you do on any Analog phone on your system. You need to have a 2 way call going before you can conf in a 3rd person.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

thats what I've tried.. I get a party in the line than push the flash button but nothing. I've looked at all the programming of the port and nothing jumps telling me that I need to change something

Hi ricoa01,
I installed a polycom on a 400 yesterday, make first call than press the (people symbol) then press 2 basicaly acts as a hold then make second call when answered press people key then * 3 joins callsfor more then 3 way press people button * 807 dial next number then press people button * 3 to join all parties, can keep going up to 40 on bcm 400.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back