Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom SoundStation IP 7000 and CS1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulderfox1976

Technical User
Sep 8, 2004
IE
Hi all,

has anyone configured a Polycom SoundStation IP 7000 on to a CS1000?

we are looking to replace our conference phones with the above model

regards
Mulder

only as a SIP endpoint in the NRS. somewhat messy (lots of configuration of NRS and EM for SIP domain, etc) as you also need SIP Trunk licenses to talk to the PBX....not worth it for a couple phones........

Also, i'm not sure if it's compatible with a SIPLine server.... but that would a different way to set it up if at all possible.

I only tried it with the NRS option on 6.0 and it worked, but not worth all the trouble unless you have SIP trunking setup already....

Hi Triton101,

here is out PBX and NRS server, will it work on them?

Type: Nortel Communication Server 1000M Single Group PIV
Version: 3521
Release: 550J

NRS is Software version sse-5.50.12

do you have any config files that i can use?

regards
Mulder

i don't believe so, the SIP registrar part changed on 6.0 so it was a real SIP proxy, and for the polycom to work properly, it needed the 6.0 on 5.5 you will most likely get redirect errors since it was not a true sip proxy on 5.5 and below. the call presentation and setup is handled by the NRS as of 6, so 5.5 just redirected the IP request to the endpoint which caused the redirect errors on sniffer traces.... the only way it worked from the little time i tried on 5.5 is when you typed the whole URL of the endpoint, you could make a call (but you had to use the SIP dial strings eg. 55664@nowhere.com, other wise it would get fast busy only....) i did not try 5.5 too much, so there might be a workaround, but i did not bother too much as 6.0 worked as per book (but still to a while to setup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back