Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom SoundStation IP 5000 on my IPOffice 500 v1 R5.26

Status
Not open for further replies.

stownsend

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
US
I've been trying to get my Polycom® SoundStation® IP 5000 to work on my IP Office 500 v1 R5.26 system.

I've tried Following this article, though have not had any luck in getting the Phone to communicate with the IP Office system.

We have the 'SIP Trunk Channels' 5 count License. Enabled the LAN SIP Trunks,and Registrar, followed the Docs in the above article, though no love.

Is this a IPOffice 500 V1 vs V2 things? The Article above does mention that it was done on a V2 system.

Any Insight would be helpful!

I thought I did, though the Avaya Partner said that the Trunk License would work. Seems like the Trunk licenses would be for connecting SIP Gateways together to allow Multiple VoIP traffic over the trunk, like the Voice Networking Channels License.

Thanks,

You need sip endpoint licenses.
I would get a different Avaya partner if they tell you this crap.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Done many of these and you absolutely need the SIP end point license!

Okay I'll see if I can round one up. I did notice that there is a "IP End-points" License on there. What would that be for?

Thanks!

There are Avaya IP endpoints for Avaya IP phones
There are 3rd Party IP endpoint licences for 3rd party devices, like the Polycom

Whch do you have? :)

Here is what is installed:

Does not seems to Specify for the IP End-points.

Though Since we can't get it to work, I'm going to guess they are not 3rd party...

Just noticed your Release, on that release there were only 3rd party endpoint licences available, so you are licenced you just have not configured it quite right :)

Any Tips on how to get this thing configured? Seems like we've tried EVERYTHING.

I don't even see any Logs of anything (not that I know really where to look) of what could be wrong.

We have the IPO setup to log EVERYTHING to a SYSLOGD server and nothing comes up for Licensing, the Extension number, SIP, etc.

Any Suggestions, Sample Config files that I can send to the unit? Anything would be helpful.

Thanks!

Did you creat a SIP extn and a user for that extn, run a monitor trace and that will show where the issue lies, or if it's even reaching the system :)

Thanks tlpeter, though that was the Document we were working off of.

Not sure the issue, though I think he IP 5000 we have is either Older than the one in that Doc, or something... Its also referencing IPOffice 500 V2, which we have a V1.

So After Mucking with it a bit I came across this Document:

Its for a IPOffice 412 and Polycom IP6000.. So the Firmware in the IPO is similar, though the Instructions were about the same.

I Wiped the IP 5000, and followed the info in the older document. Most of the Differences are in configuring the Polycom. They mention using the SIP tab and configuring the Outbound Proxy and Server 1 with only the Phone info on the Line tab, where as the newer Document just talks about just configuring everything on the Line Tab and not using the SIP tab.

Its all working... Now to get a 2nd License and see if we can Duplicate it on a 2nd phone! (-;

Thank you everyone!

I used it with Avaya End-point license and it recognized it as Avaya phone. I created SIP extension for this and set up all passwords. So far haven't heard a word from customer.

I don't think there was a Licensing issue. I think it was an issue with the IP 5000 and the usernames and servers that it needed to talk to. The newer Document had the IP 5000 configured as a SIP on the IPO side, though the Docs didn't mention the SIP tap on the IP 5000 config, just the Line tab. They have Similar properties... I didn't take the time to go back and follow the Doc again for the 5000 just to be sure. I wanted to be done with the project. (-;

Create SIP ext. Put passwords in User and Telephony tabs.
In System - Lan 1 (or 2, whatever you use) - Voip SIP Registrar Enable should be checked. That's all configuration you need for SIP extension that is on the same LAN as IPO. If it's not Avaya Polycom you also need 3rd party endpoint license, but as I told Avaya endpoint license worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back