Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom Soundstation 2W issue with MCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblarney1

Technical User
Jan 20, 2011
GB
Hi,

I have a Polycom Soundstation 2W that I have connected to our Mitel 3300 (4.2) using the embedded analogue ports.

I can get the Polycom to dial the first user fine and when I hit the conference key "FLASH" is displayed on the screen and dial tone is recieved, great but..

When the second person answeres and I press the JOIN button "FLASH" is displayed on the screen and all the calls drop shortly after.

Does anyone else have these working ok? I ahve messed around with the ONS circuit descriptor but nothing seems to work.

Thanks

Here is the procedure to do a conference from an analog phone.

2500 telephones:

To form a Conference when a two-party call is already in place, or to add another party to an existing Conference:

Press Flash or flash the switchhook.

Dial the number of the next party.

Wait for an answer.

Press Flash or Flash the switchhook.

Dial the Conference Call Feature Access Code.

Does the "join" button have the approprate actions programmed to it?

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Also of note for analog stations and conferencing.

Make sure that the option for Call Waiting Swap is disabled. This option will cause toggling between callers instead of allowing the conference code to be dialed.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

ok its working as far as if I have two people on the call and i dial the FAC for conferencing but you mentioned about ensuring that the appropriate action has been assigned to the JOIN button.

I have looked through the Soundstation setup and cannot see where to configure this.

Not familiar with the product but what you would need to do is program the join button with the information needed to complete the the conference. I suspect it simply is flashing the line if you haven't told it otherwise and droping the call. You need the join to flash and then dial the conf FAC as shown in the guide I provided above. Dig deeper or maybe some know how to program the unit.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

You need to set on the polycomm unit the correct Flash timing so that it matches or fally within the correct rang in the 3300 otherwise the FAC to join the calls together doesn't work

first steps check the ONS/OPS circuit assignment for your low/high flash timer.

Then check the feature access cose assignment form for conference call and conference call split (make a note of these)

next check the system options form to find out the max number of parties in a conf call the MAX is 8. but can be set to anything you like.

then go to the Soundstation and got to the flash timer setting and ensure that it is set to call between the range or number listed from the ONS/OPS form.

save the settings and then make a test call by dialing the first party then press the join key (it then puts them on hold) dial the second party then press the join key (that puts the second person on hold)and enter the conf call FAC that will then join then callers all together.

if you get stuck drop me a note I have 6 offices with IP and analog versions and the flash timer is still required for soundstations.

Burningchrome

Tell me what you need and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back