Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom SIP IP Phones Duo Soundstation as it needs to have a predial of 9 for calling in Avaya setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarunmehta90

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2016
HK
Hi,

I've setup three Polycom® SoundStation IP running UC Software release 4.0.2 with Avaya Aura Session Manager 6.3 and Avaya Aura Communication Manager Release 6.0.07 SP 1.0.1. These phones work well with call features to each other and to the Avaya phones (Intra-network & Inter-network). However, the problem is that these SIP Polycom Phones can't dial out when the users press/prefix 9 like the other phones work.

Kindly advise.

Thanks & Regards,
Tarun Mehta
tarun.mehta@bt.com

I'm unsure what version our polycom phones are on but it could have to do with the digit mapping blocking the 9. I know we had to tweak that around in the provisioning files to make it work with my Asterisk system for use with some extension patterns.

Well I would like to thank everyone on the thread.. I found that the Application Sequence was set to blank. & then I added an application sequence on SMGR to get the CMservers. Finally, those SIP Polycom phones worked absolutely fine as those were supposed to be. They can now dial using prefix 9 and without will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back