Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom Nortel Direct Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

embanet

Programmer
Apr 24, 2007
CA
We just purchased a Polycom Nortel Direct Connect set. I've configured this as an 2616 as per the instructions,(option 11 pbx).

I've got dial tone, but it will not dial in or out.

I'm pretty sure that I'm missing something - can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Kamal

Thanks all...

DES TEST
TN 035 0 00 00
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTA ADD HFD
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN CDMR
CPND_LANG ENG
HUNT ***
LHK 0
PLEV 02
CSDN
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 5555 0 MARP
03 AO6
06 TRN
DATE 24 APR 2007

done - I noticed that after I submitted my last post. Still no change

print out a TNB of a set that can call out and make the TGAR and NCOS of your polycomm the same

can you dial ext to ext ?

It's only dialtone-VZ

I've verified the TGAR and NCOS. And nope, I can not dial ext to ext with the conf phone.

Hi Guys, both the TGAR and NCOS are the same on sets that work. Also, I still can't dial extension to extension.

Can you break dialtone? What happens when you start to dial? Fast busy, nothing, etc.. Do you hear the dtmf tones? For some reason I immediately thought of DTMF tones not being recognized properly. I can't really think of a good way to troubleshoot that, though. You can start with a LD 80 trace of the TN, but if you aren't breaking dialtone, you won't have anything to trace.

Hope this helps
Rob

I can hear the DTMF tones and then I can hear the call dialling but nothing after that point. Just dead air.

I'm pretty lost myself. Thanks for the assistance though.

Have you tried plugging a 2616 or a 3903/3904 into the jack to see if they can dial an Ext? that would prove that the port is good and then it must be the polycom is bad.

I don't have a 2616 but, I will pulg a 3903/4 tomorrow and let you know.

Well, when I connected a 3903 set and I was able to dail and Ext.

after scanning the post, the program is right.. the port and hardware looks good. it may be just a bad set.. all i add to that set here would be hfa.. i have made them auto answer but it is not stopping the dial-pad

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I really appreciate everyone’s help on this issue.

Because of my lack of experience in this field I thought that it could be something on my end. We have ordered 2 PolyCom sets and I get the same results with both. I've contacted Polycom and they offered to take a look at the sets.

You could also try putting the Ploycom on another working digital phone port such as a 2008/2216/3903/3904 and see if you get Dialtone and can call an ext.

(Verify you hear dialtone)

Thanks for the advice. I programmed the same port as a 3903 and - this is where it gets weird- I dialled and internal Extension and for the first time I heard ringing from the Polycom, but not from the actual DN of the set that I dialled. Then it went to a voicemail box. The DN that I dialled does not forward to voicemail and there is no account for it in Call Pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back