Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom IP 6000 Setup In HiPath 4000 V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechjet

MIS
Mar 4, 2010
US
Hello,
I am in the process of getting a few Polycom SoundStation IP 6000 conference phone and wondering if anyone has set these up on the HiPath 4000. Any setup information would be greatly helpful.
Thank you.

Try This

ADD-SBCSU:STNO=XXXXX,OPT=FPP,CONN=SIP,PEN=X-X-X-X,DVCFIG=S0PP,COS1=6,COS2=1,LCOSV1=8,LCOSV2=1,LCOSD1=8,LCOSD2=1,DPLN=0,ITR=0,SSTNO=N,COSX=0,SPDI=0,PROT=SBDSS1,PERMACT=Y,INS=Y,ALARMNO=0,OPTIDX=10,RCBKB=N,RCBKNA=N,CBKBMAX=5,HMUSIC=0,IPCODEC=G711;

It has been several weeks since I posted this. I will give it a try.

tried the command listed. No go. I tried to set it up on a STMI card. But I guess I need a SIP card maybe?

STMI can do SIP if you have the card partitioned so it has some SIP ports on it.

Try doing a DIS-BFDAT and put in the address of your STMI card. It should show you if any ports are configured for SIP. On mine I have the bottom 100 configured for Siemens HFA IP phones, and the top 20 are configured for SIP.

You can change how the board is partitioned but you first have to delete all the phones off of it, then change it, then put them back on. It would definitely be a de-motivator for me!

Thanks for the info. I did the DIS-BFDAT command but it is asking for FCTBLK not IP address. Could you please tell me the full command? Thank you.

OK, I lied... Try this....

DIS-BCSU:TBL,1,2,1;
H500: AMO BCSU STARTED

LTG 1 LTU 2 SRCGRP 1 ALARMNO-LTU 0
-----+-----------+--------+---+-+-+---+-+------------+------------+------------
| | | |S|H|AL-| | | |
| ASSIGNED | MODULE |FCT|E|W|ARM| | INSERTED | HW- | MODULE
PEN | MODULE | TYPE |ID |C|Y|NO | | MODULE |STATE INFO | STATUS
-----+-----------+--------+---+-+-+---+-+------------+------------+------------
1 | Q2324-X500 STMI4 1 A 0| | Q2324-X500 | 1 -11 - | READY
+--------------------------------+-+------------+------------+------------
| IP ADDRESS : 10. 3. 8.214 B-CHANNELS : 60 BCHLCNT : 60
| BLOCK NO : 11 PRERESERVED LINES ASSIGNED : NO
| 1. FUNCT : HG3530 100 LINES B-CHANNELS : 50 BCHLCNT : 50
| 2. FUNCT : SIP 20 LINES B-CHANNELS : 10 BCHLCNT : 10
+--------------------------------+-+------------+------------+------------

Sorry it doesn't line up decent, but you can see on the bottom left that my board is configured for 20 SIP stations and 100 regular HFA IP phones.

Thanks for the AMO command. I ran it and the 16 STMI cards I have, none of them are partitioned for SIP.

If any of those boards are spares/empty yet you can sort of easily repartition the board to add some SIP, it's just if you have phones (or anything else) on a board it's a pain because you have to delete them all off the board, change how it's set up and then re-create them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back