Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom IP 550

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
Anyone know how to factory default these? I have tried to reboot and press 468* to change the password but it does not allow me to restore factory settings so I can't access it via the web page.
Mike

1. Press Menu
2. Select Settings > Advanced.
3. Enter the administrative password, then press the Enter soft key.
The default password is “456”.
4. Select Admin Settings > Reset to Default and choose either Reset Local
Configuration or Reset Web Configuration as desired.
5. When prompted to confirm the reset, select the Yes soft key.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I do not get the Admin settings option, I did get this working by reloading the default sip.ld file this got me the admin settings.
Thanks for the help.

This always works for me.....

For SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601, and 650 press and hold the 4, 6, 8, * on the dial pad at the same time.

4. Continue holding down the numbers for few seconds, until you are prompted to enter the admin password.

5. Enter the MAC address of the phone (letters should be entered as lower case). To use letters try one of the following:
* depress the # key to get into alpha mode
* on a VVX-series depress "mode" to switch to alpha mode
* IP depress the option 1/A/a to switch to alpha mode

6. You should now be able to log into the phone with the default admin password of "456" and configure you phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back