Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom HDX 7000 and Avaya IPO R10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

assist24

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2006
GB
Looking for some real world guidance with regard to integrating Polycom video conferencing kit with Avaya IPO.

We're using an Avaya IPO500V2, R10.1. There is a conference system on site, Polycom HDX7000 with mics and speakers and we want to be able to use this for audio-only conference calls as well as video. It seems a waste to buy a separate conference telephone for the audio-only calls.

I expect it should be possible to set this up as a SIP extension/user on IPO purely for the audio-only calls but I'm struggling to find any decent documentation or guidance on this specific integration.

I appreciate a 3rd Party IP Endpoint licence will be needed for this.

Does anyone have experience with this scenario? We don't want to buy the licence only to find it won't / can't work.

Thanks

I haven't tried myself but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. it will integrate exactly the same way as any other SIP phone Polycom or otherwise. Phone registers to the IPO via a SIP user, and IPO will deliver a call to it. You already mentioned the third party ip endpoint license which you will absolutely need. If it doesn't work, post back here with the steps you tried.

Assist24 ... what was your experience with this integration project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back