Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom 7000 connection to CS1000E configured as SIP Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve64

Technical User
Mar 6, 2008
US
WE have a CS1000E rel 7.5 and have configured SIP Line on it. I have set up Avaya B179 sets and they work just fine. Some time ago someone bought several Polycom IP-7000 conference phones and I've been trying to get them to work. I have not been able to locate any documentation on how to configure them for the CS1000E and Polycom has been less than helpful. Their answer is read the Docs, but as usual they don't mirror what I'm seeing when I log in to the 7000 and the CFG files don't match any of the docs either.
I'm guessing that the setup in the PBX would be the same as for the B179, but not positive and in the set some things are obvious but others not. Anyhow the set will not register to the Sig server. I get a reorder busy whe attempting a call from the IP-7000 and a call to the set from another phone on the PBX just gives you normal sidetone ringing, but no ringing on the IP-7000.
First question is will this set even work with the CS1000E (rel 7.5) in the SIP Line mode. (we do have SIP3 licenses).
Second Has anyone set one of these up and have it working? We aren't interested in lots of features, just the basic ability to make and receive calls. If any of you have one working I would appreciate the information on the configurations.

Thanks

not on sipline, only as sip endpoints in NRS. downside is you have less control over features etc, but it works.

you if your Sipline install fails, you can add them to the NRS as SIP endpoints (no license required), so long as you have sip trunks, should work ok.

on the polycom in the Line Parameters webpage, edit the outbound proxy address as the NRS IP address usually is the ext#@domainname (the sip one)
authentication ID/password is the same one as you setup in NRS for the endpoint

under outbound Proxy and Server 1 enter the IP of the NRS, selected port 5060 and chose UDP or TCP depending what the NRS is setup for.

the only extra step on the pbx is that you have to add the CDP code for the extension and point it at the sip trunks.....

We don't use the NRS any longer as we were forced to move to System/Session Manager, but yes I could do the same in session manager and set it up as an sip entity (endpoint). With the loss of NCOS and the like I think we will just relagate these to the dusty corner of the store room for the time being. We have a couple of the Avaya B179s that we have been testing and they seem to work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back