Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Policy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helfenmir

MIS
Sep 17, 2001
GB
Hello all Guru's

I created a policy on a NT4 PDC/BDC preventing a few users having the RUN command in startup. I did this by creating a new group in user manager, adding the required users to that group, then using POLEDIT I added this group into POLEDIT and checked the RUN option. This worked fine until I wanted to give the RUN option back to one of the usersI removed them from the group in usrmgr that didn't work, . I took the check away from the group in POLEDIT that disabled the run command that didn't work. I finally removed the group from POLEDIT and deleted the group I originally setup in Usrmgr. It still didn't work and I now have 3 users with no RUN command on their start menu. The workstations are 2K, but this shouldn't make a difference should it!

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Helfenmir

Couple of suggestions

1. Try removing local copies of their profile before they log on.

2. Set up individual policies that explicitly allow the run command for each user.

Hi

Thanks Wolluf sounds like a good idea, I'll try that.

Helfenmir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back