Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

policy problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipesnab

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2002
GB
On my primary exchange 2k box i have 2 policies: "MK" policy which is an additional policy we added and the default domain policy. I need to add an additional smtp connector which will use a different email address and will change the inbound and outbound smtp address for existing users and new users. However all the add, remove etc buttons are greyed out for the MK policy which is at the top of the list and the default domain policy alows me to add another smtp recoed with the new address and then asks me if i would like it to change all the records - I push yes but the records do not change.

Even though we are using all win2k boxes our exchange is still in mixed mode.

hey, i think you are in the wrong place.... you should never have to add an smtp connector.... keep the default...

if you need additional email domains to be routed through your box, edit the DEFAULT RECIPIENT POLICY to add add'l domains, then make sure they show up in the user's account properties under the email addresses tab.

ward

We have an additional recipient policy also; it is set to the highest priority, and the default policy is set to lowest. I think that might be causing problems with us receiving inbound emails. This additional policy could have been left over from the upgrade from 5.5 to 2000, but no one else that I have talked to said that they have anything other than the default policy. Could we delete that policy and expect it to have an effect on inbound email? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back