Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Policy Based routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

YDHSmartin

Technical User
Dec 30, 2002
GB
Hi All

I am trying to connect to the internet from one of my site's which has just been migrated from static routing to OSPF. problem is that the internet gateway is hosted at another site which we won't be migrating for another month or so. so, when i try to connect to the net, obviously i get a page cannot be displayed, as there is no path to the internet gateway. this site is connected back to the main Core network via another router, and when doing a trace to the Internet ( it stops at our MSFC's at the main site. What policy would i need to get this traffic routed to the main site where the internet gateway is hosted, without impacting on other traffic, which could be destined for anther different internet gateway?
Not sure if this makes sense, but can provide more info, if anyone has any ideas?

Many thanks

There are ideas, but also dubts.

Please give us more info:
Now, from your router, you are being pointed to a default gateway that is not able to route you to Internet. You also have an internet gateway, that still is live, rechable from your router. Is this assumption ok?

If so, what kind of traffic do you want to route to the Active Internet gateway and what kind to the current main gateway? Actually, that is the hot point. If you are able to determine it and create an access list to match that, route policing can be used.

Please update.
Regards.

Thanks for the reply

I have managed to resolve this by using a tunnel, which all of my data traffic is being piped to the main site along, and are using the OSPF to manage the voice traffic... Found this was an easier solution to implement due to the amount of different Address ranges/subnets in use.

Thanks again

Smartin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back