Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Policies not being applied to servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitty241

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2002
US
All,

I'm trying to resolve a problem with a new ePO deployment. I have clients and servers separated into two groups. (Servers & Clients). I have polcies applied to both groups. Both groups have the same exact polcies. My clients recieve the polcies just fine and everything is working perfectly for them. My servers, however, seem to not be accepting the policies. No error messages, no events, nothing.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this before? If I move one of the servers into the client group it still doesn't get the policy. Thanks for the help!

Hi Spitty
I had this problem but got it sorted as follows:
Open the EPO Console
Click on the Directory
In the righthand pane, click on the Policy for VirusScan 7.1
Click on Default Processes Policies
In the Policy window (bottom right pane) look at the heading above VirusScan Enterprise 7.1
There should be two tabs - one for Servers and one for Workstation.
You need to change the server policy and click apply.
Hope this helps!
Nigel

Awesome! That did it! I appreciate the help.

I'm just a little upset that it was in such an obvious place =). Maybe it's time for me to get some glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back