Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polaroid BurMAX24 CD-RW compatability 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

grapeape

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
CA
I have installed a new Burnmax cd-rw in a generic PC running win98 SE. It works fine as a cd-rom, but I am unable to find a utility that will recognize it as a compatable writer. Polaroid seems to be unaware that they even make a CD writer (at least from searching their website). Does anyone know if it is possible to have this drive recognized by a common burn utility (ie Nero, Easy CD)?

Sux that you can't edit your post here.
I just wanted to add my problem was that it wouldn't recognize the CDRW disks(only once in a great while after re-inserting it 20x). It would always write to a CDR disk no problem.

Just a comment, I guess I've lucked out. My burnmax 48 has been working great for two years, I've burned hundreds on it and all have been fine. I use a lot of memorex media but I've also used tdk and fuji as well. I also had a batch of something that started with a p that I got from big lots for cheap and those worked good too. The drive is set as master byitself on the secondary controller on my system. I'm still using the 1.04g firmware, I tried to ask them for a newer one and never got any response. Now that clone cd is defunct I really don't have a reason to stick with this drive anymore but it's really served me well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back