Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Point to Point T-s over 2 strands of Fiber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacyjo4

Technical User
Nov 21, 2002
US
I will be networking 2 switches in seperate buildings using fiber. I am wondering what part I use on each end to connect my fiber to my T-1s. I will have 2 fiber strands and need to use it for 2 point to point PRIs.
Thanks

Why are you even bothering with fiber???
Do you have a fiber card in the switch?
What equipment are you running?
More info needed?
Thanks

The customer has just built the new building that this switch is going in. They connected the 2 building with fiber as they are only about 100 yards away from each other. The Opt 11 is only a temporary fix so we don't want to put any more money into it - making it a fiber remote etc. All I am looking to do is run 2 PRIs across the fiber.

you will need to convert outside the switch. I know both ADC kentrox and ADTRAN have fiber to T1 CSU's but i do not know part numbers

Stacyjo4,

I was wondering what you finaly decided to do ? I have a simular situation.

-Danny
dan@snoboarder.net

If you are running fiber, just get a fiber network card so that you can put an IPE module over at the site. This is cheap and an excellent option. We have done that here and run two full IPE modules over 200 feet and have never experienced any blockage.

You ought to try this instead.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back