Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pocket PC Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

karateboy02

Programmer
Jul 26, 2007
US
I am looking for some sort of starting point on making applications for the pocket pc. I cannot seem to find anywhere that has some instruction or anything on how to get started on a pocket pc application. Is this possible with Visual Basic 6?

Not possible with vb6. A google search for Pocket PC development should get you going.

You would want to use Visual Studio 2005 for mobile device development.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if it would be possible with visual studio 2003 because I do not have a copy of 2005?

You can with the 2003 version, but 2005 is nicer to use...it makes deployment easier from what I understand.

If only you'd asked this question about 8 months ago, before AppForge went bust. They had a product called MobileVB (latterly Crossfire) which would have met your requirements.

Microsoft had a product, eMbeddedVB (pretty similar to VB6) which was part of eMbedded Visual Tools - but as of Pocket PC 2003 it was no longer supported

You can still download eVB from MS for pocketpc up to 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back