Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pocket excel and Analysis services

Status
Not open for further replies.

pabloj

Technical User
Jul 4, 2002
IT
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to browse cubes from PocketExcel?
Or is it better to use a web interface and in this case, "thin web client" (html and javascript only) or "office web components"?
Thanks in advance for any help!!

Stick to your guns

pabloj,

I appologize, I do not have an answer to your question. I was wandering if you know of anyone who has created a web interface for analysis manager or where I could find information about that subject.

Thanks

Fatz09

Fatz09,
When you install Analysis Services with a typical installation a samples directory is created. one of the sub directories under sample is a thin web client. Another item to look at would be XMLA which is a sperate install available on the MS web site.

pabloj,
I haven't used Pocket excel but my guess would be probably not. However, if pocket excel supports Pivot Table Service and External datasources then it might. As for OWC or a homegrown version it all depends on if OWC will work and if so does it meet your needs. if not you may have to develop something more homegrown.

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back