Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poblems with my Rockwell (intern) modem with Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Win Xp finds the modem but calls it "Best Modem lalala" when i try to connect it dials for about 2 min and then at says something about a port... any1 who has the real drivers for my modem... its a 56k.. not really sure about the model but it has something to do with Conexant...

Sorry for stupid questions... im sure it simple!

Thanks...

I dont know the model... if u could give me a url and i could try the different drivers... i d/l something from conexant but it didn´t work...

Thanks..

Might be a BestData, check their website.
Take a look on my modems page for more... Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Have a Hewlett Packard Pavilion with a Rockwell PCI internal modem and want to install Windows XP full version.

PC Answers October 2001 give a "What won't work with XP" list that includes:-

"Internal modems- we're pretty confident that these won't work natively in Windows XP-you need a 2000-or XP specific driver"

Can't seem to find a manufacturer's page to check if there is a download!!!

Regards

My Riptide Rockwell modem under XP will not find the COM3 port on a HP8490. Any ideas. I'm going to try the Win2000 driver listed above.

hi there

I have an HP 8512 Computer with an Rockwell 56K data Fax PCI modem (internal) and I want to get win xp, but when I tried to install windows 2000 it could not find my modem. I only updated it from win 98 not a clean install though.
So I was wondering if I did a clean install with win 2000 would it then pick up my modem? or do I have to get a driver for it? and if I do where do I get it from?

Thanks

Your help is much appreciated.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Looked at the HP website and it is bad news for users of their older machines with cheap PCI modems. HP are not going to support the modem or bios etc for use with XP.

Read somewhere that many of these PCI modems are absolute junk.. that's why XP can't cope. Wondering if an external Sportster 56K modem with flashcard could be the answer. Perhaps with people buying computers with these dodgy internal modems there might be a good quality external one going cheap (if you don't have your old one!)

PS Don't think I'll be able to upgrade though. Put a memory stick in the wrong way round and damaged both the stick and socket. Will probably have to make do with 128k original memory. (Machine still working ok!) Are all modern tower computers as badly designed as my Pavilion with the memory slots in the bowels and behind the drives? Upgraded previous Tiny desktop with no problems!

"Modern" towers, especially white box (generic) have nowhere near the problems that black box (name brand) systems have. ESPECIALLY: HP, PB, Compaq, EMachine... Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

my rockwell modem is rockwell ne-ar8630v and I have problem to use it with windows XP.It sends this massage:"modem is working properlly"but I cannot connect to internet.please guide me.Thank You.

Actually, after dilligent checking I have found out that conexant and microsoft kinda talked about these chipsets and made a generic driver for use with these modems in XP. Unfortueatly though, many online apps that you use will get disconnected when using these drivers in HP machines. Way to go Microsoft, HP, and conexant. These sndcard/modem combos seem to be relentless at causing users of machines containg them to have problems in every OS except Win 98. So basically, if you are wanting to have reliable equipment you will have to go to the nearest computer store and buy a new sound card AND modem with reliable drivers. What should tell us all that these modems are no good is the fact that you don't see them on any store shelves and never will. Every combo card that has come out has had nothing but problems and most of them only work with one maybe two OS's. Sorry guys but you're going to wind up having to go spend some money on a new SndCard and modem.Sorry. If you have found something different let us all know.

I have a hp 8560c machine trying to upgade to xp i have a rockwell hcf 56k data/fax pci At13 is 2.2.2.154.004 is there drivers for this i can download

I have a HP 4540 the modem can't be detect by windows xp, HP website doesn't have a patch for win xp,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back