Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PO module V 5.5 requires Inventory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonsudbury

Technical User
Sep 1, 2009
CA
Hello,

I had heard that with Sage Accpac v5.5 you could install the P.O. module independently of the inventory module, doesn't seem to be the case. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks,

-Jon

You can run PO without IC.
What have you tried so far?

I've got standard AP AR GL modules open. Trying to activate the PO module and it gives me the following;

Description: Purchase Orders 5.5A requires Inventory Control 5.5A or later.

Source: 13:41:00

Thanks,

-Jon

Do you have the IC module installed (but not activated)?

DjagMan,

Yes, but I'm trying to test client data to see if they can just purchase the PO module and run it instead of having to buy it and the inventory as they don't have inventory.

Thanks

I activated PO 5.5 in a new company without IC present.
Click Help, System Information and check that you do not have any version of IC activated in the company.

Ettienne,

Apparently they had IC v5.4 installed. I was not aware of this. I'm testing on older backupdata, so maybe this backup was tested before and IC was added in 5.4.

That being said, I guess if you've previously had the IC module activated in a company you can just activate the PO in 5.5 without also updating the IC.

I guess I will have to get a fresh backup from the client.

Thanks!

When I check help, system information it's going into the the directory where I have all my different company backups stored. It cost to ....sage software\sage accpac, but does not go deeper to the subfolders, so, is it not picking up the system information for all setups?

Thanks

Huh? Sorry I don't follow...
Normally on the Help, System Information screen you will see the activated modules, indicated by a red check mark.
If you have any version of IC activated in the company then you cannot run PO standalone. There must be no version of IC activated in the company, no matter how old the IC version is and if it is used or not.

Ettienne,

I was just reaching, thinking that maybe the sys info was picking up activated modules for more then just the open company. I now realize this is not the case.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back