Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PNagent and Pass-through authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
We use Presentation Server 4 on four terminal servers, all 2k3 server, sp2. All servers are configured to use the pnagent to connect to the datastore that places a number of different published apps on their desktops. The pnagent is configured for pass-through authentication.

For some reason, seems like maybe three to five times a week, a user will call up stating that the pnagent is prompting for their username/password. The issue usually only affects one user at a time, and it doesn't happen on just one server. If the user puts in their username/password it works fine and goes away and pass-through works just fine the next time they logon.

Anyone experienced this before? There's no errors anywhere that I can find so I'm a bit stumped as to what's causing the issue.

Thanks for any advice or info!

check to see if ssonsvr.exe services is running in your process under task manager. that is the service responsible for pass=through. here is what you do to get that service running.

open control panel, go to "network connections", "Advanced" then "Advanced Settings" then "Provider Order"; select "Citrix Sigle Sign On" and move it on top. restart your computer and should work. If that does work, remove citrix client and delete its registery settings and do the same thing.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. Wanna make sure I understand you correctly here:

"If that does work, remove citrix client and delete its registry settings and do the same thing"

Did you mean to say, if that doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back