Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PMVS R.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenneyM

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2004
US
Can I set up a dial by name directory with the PMVS R.5? If it is capable, where can I download a manual?

DenneyM

Dial by Name Directory is not available on PMVS R5. You will need to upgrade to Partner Messaging R7.

Denney,
What you can do if your customer likes the idea is to set up a directory using one of the 2 announcements. I set up a customer of mine like this- From the auto attd the caller can press a selector code (let's say 3) for the company directory. That selector code is assigned announcement 1 or 2 and the announcement is recorded like this
Please press *8 and the 2 digit extension number for the person you are trying to reach. For Anne Smith ext 11, For John Doe ext 12......and so on. The *8 and the 2 digit ext. will send the caller to that ext. The announcement will need to be re recorded anytime there is a change in personel but it may solve the directory issue if they don't want to invest in a newer voicemail.
Eileen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back