Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PMP Exam - preparation course question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtonini

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2005
US
Hello all,

I'm planning to get my PMP certification soon and I have some questions about preparation courses, since all of them tell you "pass guaranteed!". I know preparing for PMP exam is not a piece of cake, that requires reading PMBOK at least 3 times and so on... I bought some books, attended a "weak" 35h prep course in 2002 in my previous PMI-chapter, but I'm tempted to attend to one of these courses, like: RMC, Cheetah, etc.

My question is: Have you guys attended to a "market" prep course? Which one is better?

Thanks,

Wilson

I hate it when someone posts a question, noone ever responds, and then someone finally posts with "yeah, I'd like to know the answer to that question too!" Well, sorry about that... but I would.

I like Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep book. Depending on your real world experience with PM and the degree to which standard methodologies were followed, this might be enough for you. Anyway, that's the approach I'm taking.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that noboby appreciates how difficult it was.
- Steven Wright

Throwing my 2 cents in:

I took the online courses through Villinova University for test prep. Pricey but the information I recieved there was very good. Haven't taken the exam yet but the courses did help me understand the PMBOK a lot better.

AtlasAF
USAF

Any course consists of two things:

the knowledge content
the instructor

Even with poor knowledge content, a good instructor can be an excellent source of information.

Even with great knowledge content, a lousy instructor can present it in a confusing way.

Since you want to get your PMP, it is somewhat reasonable to assume that you are a member of a PMI chapter. Why don't you ask the PMPs there what they did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back