Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PMML

Status
Not open for further replies.

motbot

MIS
May 28, 2002
DE
hi all, I need some information about PMML (Predictive Model Markup Language) concerning a comparison with other interfaces like OLE DB DM, OMG CWM, SQL/MM, JDMAPI, etc. THX!!!

PMML is a generic standard, OLE DB DM is specific to Microsoft SQL Server. They are not incompatible, but PMML is more generic.

Both protocols are standards for defining a data mining model.

Still, I'm intrigued by OLE DB DM. But think of PMML if you want your data mining model to be interpretable by ANY possible database client.

That's my understanding anyway.

Look at the PMML features of SPSS Clementine. Visit to see what the PMML implementation looks like. There are also some whitepapers on the site that describe PMML.

Good luck. You will be seeing much more about PMML in the coming months.

I think PMML will become a widely used standard to represent predictive scoring of a database. PMML has already been adopted by much of the statistical world (SPSS for example), and is now fast becoming supported in the database world (NCR, Oracle, SQL Server Analysis Services). I've some rough examples of how to display exported PMML models using .xsl stylehseets on my webpage For example, you can import PMML into SQL Server Anaysis Services and use the model to score the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back