Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PMCservice.exe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eNerGiZer0101

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2004
CA
G'Day to all,

Questions:

1 - I was woundering if it was normal that I have a
PMCservice.exe running as an image in task manager.

2 - I was also woundering if it's normal that I have 4,13 GB in my System volume information Folder. Can i delete all data except for log file.

3 - I'm very curious in knowing what all the image name's mean in my task manager. Would anyone know precisely where I can find info on all of these image names.

Finally, I was wounderintg what command in dos allows me to msg a friend on the same server?

Cheers!

You can find a list of the basic services at I know there is someplace on the net to search for services and their descriptions but I don't recall the site. Often you can find this information by simply doing a google.com search.

I have not heard of the pmcservice.exe file. That and the fact that you have a 4.13 gig system info file would indicate spyware or a virus. I reccomend scanning your system in both normal and safe mode using Norton Antivirus and Lavasoft AdAware. (Adaware is available for free at lavasoftusa.com)

NET SEND Sends a broadcast message to other network machines. Syntax: NET SEND machine-name message-text Example: NET SEND CLIENT10 Log-off, we're going to bring the server down! Quicker than email and to the point. Will display over all other windows. NET SEND * message-text will broadcast the message to every network machine.

Thanks,

Ryan V. Stevenson
Specialty Services Director

National Support Network
East Lansing, MI - USA

Ryan@itpayz.com

Thanks for the link.

is there a way to find another computers name from my computer to net send him or her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back