Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PM R1 Outcalling Not Working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirkenVogt

Technical User
Sep 14, 2004
US
I have been trying to set my voice mailbox up to page me when someone leaves a message. I first set it up by turning on outcalling permission and then I noticed that the extensions assigned the PM were set to inside only so I set them to be able to call out too but still no dice. It is set to notify me on all messages all the time, etc. I am thinking there must be something commonly missed here. It is a PM R1 with 2 ports and ACS 5 in a 5 slot carrier with two 308ECs so its extensions are 34 and 35 IIRC (I am at home now). I am guessing it is just a commonly missed setting I have not set correctly. Also FWIW the PM gives trouble when I try to modem into it. I dial **3 I think it is and it gives some clicks and the lady says the modem is busy. I used the RS232 to set it up and all was well but I wonder if this has anything to do with it, or not.

Birken

i don't recall outcalling a feature on Partner messaging R1....thought that was new on R6 then R7......ummm.....

SET CRTL ALT DEL = #728
-----------------------
greg

Yes I set up the outcalling in the pc administration and then I set it up again in through the phone and I still get nothing.

Birken

Did you place a "9" in front of the string (phone number)you want it to dial?

-Hal

No I did not start it with a 9, the ALS on both PM extensions are set to select outside lines only. Should it have a 9 anyway?

Birken

When the PM port extensions were put in hunt group 7, their ALS was automagically set to intercom first. So you MUST include the 9* at the beginning of your dial string (unless you want it to call you at an inside extension, then just put in a 2 digit extension number instead)

Thanks so much, that is what it needed, a 9 first to dial correctly. What type of phone should the outcalling extension be set to now? It seems to be outcalling fine if nobody else is on the line but if somebody is, the ALS does not seem to roll to the next one. It is set to MLS-12D/TransTalk right now, I don't know why...

Birken

If you've fiddled with the ALS settings, first make sure all the lines are assigned to the voice mail extension ports, then remove them from hunt group 7, then re-assign them to the group.

The remote access software sees them as a MLS/MLC phone, just a quirk in reading the port type. You can change it to anything else if it is easier to look at the "buttons" and settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back