Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PM Pro Screen Pop External to Web-Based Helpdesk

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmarbach

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2007
US
Hey Guys,

I posed this question in another thread, however it was somewhat off topic, so I figured I'd start a new thread.

I'm trying to configure PM Pro 3.0 to Pop my Web-Based Help Desk (Numara FootPrints) to a Create Issue screen. I configured this to work, however, I would like to pass the Caller's Phone Number into a URL in a batch file, which would pass the number into an Address Book Look-up in my Help Desk.

The URL has a Phone= parameter in it, which would allow me to do a Contact Lookup on the Caller's Phone Number.

I am using a simple batch file, which executes Firefox with the correct URL, however, I can't seem to figure out how to pass the <calling_party> variable into the batch file, and then into the correct place.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks,
Wallace

I never used Phone Manager to pop an external application, so I'm not 100% sure this is gonna work.

The calling party is passed as the first parameter of your batchfile. So with %1 you should be able to pass the calling party to the URL. Add ?phone=%1 if no other URL parameters are used, otherwise add &phone=%1 to your URL.

Thomas.

It worked! Wow, that was simple! I thought there needed to be more done on the Avaya side.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back