Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PM 7 problem - again - error message re PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJF44

Technical User
Aug 31, 2020
GB
This is a bizarre and annoying problem. I am an old f*rt and still use PM7.0 -- until now there has been little problem BUT, placing a scanned image in a document -- and I cannot then PDF the resultant doc to send to others -- each time I get the darn "Cannot send postscript to Disiller" error message. If the image is removed, all is well. I have re-installed the programme and the (ancient) drivers to no avail.

Question - can I remove the PS from a scanned image - or any suggestions please?

Sorry for sounding thick but it is driving me nuts...

Diolch from Cardiff, Wales, UK (using a Dell with Windows 7 pro)

Leider habe auch ich seit einigen Tagen große Probleme mit Pagemaker 7. Ich kann mit Adobe Acrobat 8 keine PDF-Druckdatei mehr erzeugen. Alle Ersatzlösungen sind fehlerhaft. Beispielsweise fehlen nach dem Hochladen bei Amazon alle rechten Seiten wie 1, 3,5, 7, 9 usw. Beste Grüße, Ernst

Mein Sohn gab mir den Tipp, mit dem Drucker Microsoft Print to PDF an PORTPROMPT: zu drucken

Vielen dank Ernst...

Ich habe das versucht, aber leider hat es mit diesem Problem nicht funktioniert, dass der EPS-Link in einem Graphic

Thanks Ernst but I have tried this but it has not helped with he EPS link in my graphic!

Vermutlich ist mein Tipp sinnlos: Ich erzeuge jetzt von Pagemaker mit 7-PDF-Printer zunächst eine Postscriptdatei und dann mit PDF24 eine PDF-Datei. Beides ist kostenlos im Internet erhältlich.

Leider sind meine Texte hier nach dem Abspeichern fehlerhaft.

Hello David,

I used to be the PM Guru around here years ago, but I no longer am, nor use PM, having moved on to InDesign.

ISTR the problem is Windows 7. The Postscript driver is now built into the windows libraries rather than separate driver.

Possible ways forward.

1. Change the format of the scanned image to TIFF. You may need an image editor, e.g. Photoshop but there are some free ones around.

2. Use Acrobat to create the PDF. You could use the freestanding Ver 7 if you can find it rather than subscribe to any of Adobe's (expensive) online services.

3. Roll back to WinXP.

4. Try and find a copy of Indesign 5.5/CS5.5. This is a free standing version which you can install from a disc. Indesign is a cross between PM and Illustrator and creats PDFs in an instant, as everything is within the program.

I expect none of this is very helpful but PM is obsolete and no longer supporter by Adobe.

Here is my very old (2004?) tutorial on PM Export… Adobe PDF…
All the best.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Diolch yn fawr, John... I have indeed managed to do a work around, akin to that you describe... I am glued to PM sadly and still love it. I am not a fan of what Adobe has done but still... A shame you are in Lloegr but in Cardiff it has been Monsoon-ing so perhaps it is for he better!

Cofion gorau

DAvid

DavidJF44 said:
. I have indeed managed to do a work around, akin to that you describe...
Great to hear!

DavidJF44 said:
shame you are in Lloegr
I try to get the Millennium / Principality Stadium whenever I can; I've seen a lot of rugby and football there, and indeed a stage of The Wales RallyGB. It's a fantastic stadium.

As for Lloegr, well, my da married a woman from the east!

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back