Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

plug and pray problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

timsr

MIS
Sep 9, 1999
US
Okay, SCO Openserver does not like pci, but neither do I.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, I do need to get a pci parallel port to work on an aopen pIII system with SCO enterprise loaded.&nbsp;&nbsp;So far, I have not found a method to install the card. I have looked for drivers but to no avail.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any suggestions on how to make this work?&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Thanks,<br>Tim

I never found that OpenServer disliked PCI. With 3rd party cards such as a PCI parallel port, I have never found drivers for SCO. Drivers are generally written by the vendor and supplied with the product or provided to SCO to include with the product. Many small vendors only write Windows drivers and many products only work with Windows.<br><br>With SCO's problems in the first 2 quarters of 2000 which have led to the sale of the UNIX division to Caldera, there has been a continuing attrition of engineers at SCO. For instance, the entire UnixWare engineering team at Watford, England were laid off. This has left SCO unable to invest manpower in developing drivers for cards such as this.

Let me clarify just a bit.&nbsp;&nbsp;SCO will eventually see pci when using the driver from the oem.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, adding any kind of card after the parallel port changes the address and mkdev parallel must be rerun.&nbsp;&nbsp;I was hoping there was some way to lock it down via a driver or such to prevent this from reoccuring.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back