Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pls urgent help needed for XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amphrodite1

Technical User
Oct 17, 2002
OM
By mistake I removed all the users from the security tab and give only one user access but it is only read and execute. Now I am not able to write can you pls help me to give evryone access.

Log on as Administrator and add 'Everyone' back in, with necessary permissions. If necessary, take ownership before doing this.

but administrator doesn't have the access in c drive
by mistake i removed that. Only user1 have the access that is also read and execute

Yes, but Administrator can take ownership of anything. Once its the owner, it can change the security on the object (drive, folder, file).

start the computer in safe mode and log in as ADMINISTRATOR. You will have full access and can add or change permissions on any account...other than ADMINISTRATOR (which cannot have permissions limited).

Dana [glasses]

thebigguy128

why do you say to use safe mode? that's only needed if problems booting the PC (drivers etc) or want to run with minimal loading. doesn't make any difference to what you can or can't do as Administrator.

and he's not talking about changing account permissions - but access to the c: drive (security tab).

Mebbe bigguy is talking about XP Home...that's how you access the built in Admin account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back