Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pls can anyone recommend a web host

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHUK

Programmer
Nov 30, 2002
GB
Hi

As there are so many webhosts to choose from I was wondering if anyone has good experience of using any, as I want to avoid going with a host that has bad service etc.

I am just starting out and have developed a basic ecommerce site, so do not expect to have a huge amount of visitors when it goes live, but I still dont want my web pages to take ages to download on a user's browser. Therefore I need adequate transfer rate, and above all good support/service available, 24/7. Part of my site is in PHP and MySQL so if possible the host needs to support this.

Thank you for any help. Much appreciated.

MHUK

I was ith a really, really cheap hosting company... In fact, prices that were too good to be true - whether for ASP, SQL, or PHP, MySQL.

However, their support was extrememly lacking - virtually non-existent, in fact.

Steer well clear of Connecticut-Web ( - you'll only regret it in the long run if you value your uptime.

Maybe good for non-commercial use, but I still wouldn't risk it.

Dan

I use onoandone just as domain forwarders, so can't tell you about hosting, but I've had no problems with them so far.

Ben

----------------------------------------------
Ben O'Hara "Where are all the stupid people from...
...And how'd they get so dumb?"
rockband.gif
NoFX-The Decline
----------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back