Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

plotting color image in black & white

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreibelbis

Technical User
Jul 7, 2004
US
hello. I'm using autoCAD 2004 & I'm attempting to plot a plan drawing which has a .SID image attached. the problem lies in that the .SID is in color, & I have yet to be able to plot these plans in black & white. I don't want them in color, our plotter is set to grayscale, I've tried the grayscale setting in the plot styles, but I'm not getting black & white, I'm still getting color. any ideas?

Try setting plotstyle to monochrome instead of greyscale.

monochrome isn't listed under our plot styles..........

You may have to take one of the existing plotstyles then, and copy it, give it a new name and then override all of its pens to be black.

Give me an email address and I'll send the monochrome plot style

Are you plotting to a windows system printer or a .pc3 file? A sid is just a raster image and pen colors will not affect how they print. Open your windows printer and check the setup of your printer there. That is where you would choose color or grayscale.

If that does not fix the problem, post back with the autocad version and plotter model.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back