Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Recommend a POS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnotJon

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2005
US
Hi, I am new to the restaurant industry. I am starting up a chain of fast-casual sandwich spots in NYC. I have enjoyed reading the posts in these forums, and you all have very insightful views into all the technical aspects of POS systems. Which brings me to my question: which one should I get?
I will admit I am tempted by Aloha, simply because Chipotle uses it and I think they are a smart company. Most people in the industry I have found hate Micros. I will be using Quickbooks to do my accounting- don't know if that means anything. So you guys make the call, what should I get?

Thanks in advance, John

Aloha interfaces with quickbooks just fine. I have a feeling you will get alot of Aloha reccomendations at this time giving all the Aloha users that are currently regulars here on this forum. There are some decent Electronic Cash Registers out there that work just fine.
Here is a link to panasonic's website. I used to put Panasonic in Wendys, DQ,and LJSilvers but that has been over 6 years ago at another company. (IMHO, Panasonic has always had the most decent "ECRs" for a fast food environment)

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

Regardless of what others think, I still prefer Micros. It's the biggest POS system in the world, and especially in NY where the local dealership has a huge team of field techs and a 24/7 help desk in addition to corporate support from Micros in Maryland. Most versions have built in quickbook exports. If you're starting a chain, Micros has the E7 and 3700, both of which support MyMicros, a web based, real time reporting tool for your entire company. You could also look at Enterprise Management which lets you make changes to all the systems from a central location.

As for where my opinion comes from, I've worked on both sides of the business as a server, bartender, asst. mgr, POS tech, installer and programmer and am currently in charge of the POS systems for a large restaurant company in NY. Where we to change POS systems I'd find a job elsewhere that uses Micros.

Pat

chek out CCP (POSitouch) of New York. They do an outstanding job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back