Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE! Need some help with an export problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostGuy

Technical User
May 29, 2002
US
Hi,

I'm running Premiere 6.0 on a PIII, 600Mhz, w/256MB RAM. The computer came with a Texas Instruments compliant IEEE 1394 Firewire card. I know that people have posted here stating that Premeire 6.0 is not compliant with the TI IEEE-1394 card. Nevertheless, I have never experienced any problems capturing video.

However, after all of my editing is complete and I want to export a final project to tape back on my camcorder, I almost always have a problem. After about 30 seconds, the picture on the viewfider of my camcorder (Canon ZR-30mc) pixilates, the sound hangs, and the whole process stops. While this is happening, the same picture on the monitor of my PC freezes at the point where the process hangs. I can hit "escape" to get out of the process on my PC. However, the only way I can stop the racket on my camcprder is to physically remove the Firewire.

I thought I had a problem with my camera, so I sent it back to Canon. They tinkered with a few things, but it still happens. I thought it may be a memory issue so I upgraded from 128 to 256 - still same problem.

Any ideas?? I haven't tried to reinstall Premier yet. I guess there could also be a problem with the IEEE 1394 card on my PC, although I do not experience any problems in capturing video, or controling the camera remotely.

I'm stupmed!

I have the exact same problem but completely different set-up:

700Mhz Duron 400 Meg RAM
Adaptec Firewire card
Sony Di-8 cam

where is that FAQ anyway?

I looked at sablog's FAQ. But it applies to W2K, I neglected to say I am running Win98 on this machine.

Hope you have better luck sylvaro

It is usually necessary to turn off the pc monitor in premiere playback options to successfully export to tape. There seems to be a memory shortage (regardless of how much physical memory you have installed) and the help files in premiere advise this as well. The help files are very helpful for problems like these!!

Hope it works.

Thanks 4739 - I'll give that a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back