Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2004
US
As of yesterday, I can no longer log into the management console on a citrix server. The only thing that changed on the server that I know of is the installation of ms04-006 and ms04-007 patches ont the server. I have removed both of those patches from the server, no help. When attempting to log into the management console, I get the following error: "Connection to the farm <server name> has been dropped"
This is a single server farm that runs Win2000 Server and has Metwframe-XP feature release 3 installed.
I have had no problems with this server until yesterday.

Thank you in advance,

ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Peace are you running the console on the Citrix server itself? Have you tried running it from your desktop

If the server's connection to the datastore has been broken, you will not be able to launch the CMC.

I cannot run the CMC from the server or a workstation.

How do I know where the data store is located?

I appreciate your help on this!

If you are running a one server farm, it is most likely using a local Access database for the data store. It is located at \program files\citrix\Independent Management Architecture\mf20.mdb

If your data store is corrupt, the IMA service may not be starting. If this is the case, you will need to perform a DSMAINT RECOVER command to restore. The IMA service should be stopped prior to running this command. Make sure that you copy the MF20.mdb and MF20.bak to another location so you can recover them later if needed. The MF20.bak is the backup of the datastore that is created whenever the IMA service gracefully restarts.

mitchero, a question.. if the IMA service was not starting correctly, wouldn't there be more problems afoot like not being able to connect to the server at all?

I have sinced installed an image of the server that was taken 6 weeks ago. This is a high end production server, and I was forced to take immediate action. Since the image installation, the server seems to be acting normal. I will save the comments lested her for future reference.

I truly appreciate all the comments in assisting me on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back