Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajravi123

Technical User
Jan 29, 2004
US

1790 - Disk 0 Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed a new hard drive 13GB on my Pentium I 133 mhz running 98 Second Edition. Whenever I boot up, 1790 - Disk 0 Error pop up and, though not causing any problems, prompt me to press F1 before finishing the boot process.

This is irking me to no end. What are these errors and how can I get rid of them? Thank you much.

rajravi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you set the bios to autodetect the drive?

Is your motherboard able to take a 13gb drive. You may need a BIOS upgrade. Have a look at your motherboards manual. If you haven't got the manual have a look on the manufacturers website. They should also have a BIOS upgrade. If you don't know who made your motherboard goto & use their tool to find out what motherboard you have.

Double check to ensure that the IDE connectors are seated properly on the back of the drive. It's possible that the connection is loose. This will often cause this error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back