Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxy6en

Programmer
Oct 15, 2010
AU
Hi, I need help to create a vbscript to run under vista as follow:

How to create a vbscript to determine if the computer has been idle for 15 minutes and will start to force the current user to log off automatically?

Your help will much appreciated :)

How would this be different than setting the screensaver for 15 minutes with the password protect option?

jges, i guess there would be a small difference, but, i get your point, would do the job.

your suggestion is a good one for how you could implement oxy6en;s request, create a screen saver which logged the user off. i figure the users might get slightly miffed though, lol

thank crunchy its Friday

I Hear, I Forget
I See, I Remember
I Do, I Understand

Ronald McDonald

Hi Guys, thanks for your input.
I've already know how to do it via GPO, AD, and using screen saver.

But using screen saver actually, it's only locked the current user after idle for certain time, not forcing the current user to log off.

So that's why I'm looking for a script to tell the system if the computer has been idle for 15 minutes and start to count down forcing the user to log off.

Any suggestion, welcome! Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back