Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help with User Prompt (CR9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodomen

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2001
US
Hi there!

I'm new at working with Crystal Reports and I have a question. I'm writing a report which is pulling timekeeping data from SQL and I want the end user to be able to enter a date range to refine the data, but I can't figure out how to make it prompt every time it is opened and how to make sure it links the date range entered with the actual data. Can someone help? I'm so confused! :(

-Melanie

menu click insert.
choose field object.
choose parameter fields(for new right click, choose new).
enter the name of the parm, the prompt, the type and the other stuff that applies to your needs.

you can then make the db select check that parm field for >=, etc. by entering the code in the record select area -
menu click report.
choose edit selection formula.
choose record.
enter the test in the formula white space using the dropdowns on the top half of the screen to select the db fields and any functions you need.

writing the select in a stored proc is my choice with the
parms passed to the proc thru the crystal report. at least you can do a little more editing of the user input in the stored proc before you actually do the query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back