Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help with PIX firewall configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMar

MIS
Jul 27, 1999
US
I was confuring our PIX firewall and placed two entries in the configuration that need to be removed. However, when I attempt to remove them using the "NO" command followed by the original command line it remains.<br>
<br>
For example, I type in the following:<br>
static (inside,outside) 217.22.211.9 192.168.254.1 netmask 255.255.255.0<br>
conduit permit udp host 217.22.211.9 eq domain host 192.168.254.1<br>
<br>
Even if I retype them preceded with "No " and write to memory the entries stay there. <br>
<br>
Is there a way to get rid of them? Thanks in advance.

Apologies in advance for being so basic, but are you sure you are at the CONFIG prompt when you are doing the NO commands? Also, I assume that you're logging in with access to do this?<br>

Thanks for the reply. I had forgotten about this post but was surprised there was a response. You're correct. I wasn't at the correct prompt. After a couple of days playing around with the commands I finally figured out what to do. <br>
<br>
Unfortunately, I'm still stuck on the original problem that brought about this one -- configuring PIX for two domains. <br>
What I was attempting to do was configure a second mail domain. But the problem I kept getting was that Internet mail for the first domain would stop getting delivered after 10 minutes or so while the new domain's mail would continue to flow. I still can't figure it out so I'm planning to just configure POP on the Exchange client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back