Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help with Inventory Maintenance-Qty on SO is off 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpsiks

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2007
US
Hi,
Does anyone know how Quanity on Sales Order under Inventory Maintenance for an item is calculated?
What my problem is that when I go to IM for an item, I then click on "Quanity" for Quanity on Hand & Reorder, my Qty on Hand and Qty on Purch Order are correct, but my Qty on Sales Order is way off. It's five times the value that I calculated by hand.

Any help is much appreciated, I just want to know how Qty on Sales Order is calculated. I checked all my Sales Order and nothing would add up to this gigantic number.

Thanks

This information is stored in sort files. They get out of sync often. Just rebuild the Sales Order sort files and answer Yes when asked if you want to recalculate the qty on sales order for inventory items.

Man, you are awesome! That's exactly the fix.

Thanks

Purchase Order is the same way. It's best that this utility be run weekly. My Operation Director runs the PO Resort weekly but I did not know what he does until now, and now he has an extra step to his duty. Our PO gets stuck out there if we don't regularly resort and reinitialize files, we have a lot of transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back