Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please HELP! VMpro no longer shows modules or short codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAToronto

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2011
CA
I had our now former vendor come in and upgrade our pbx and vmpro from v5 to v8. Everything seems fines except in VM pro i dont see my modules or any short codes. I know he never backup the vmpro as I cant find the backups anywhere. All the call flows still work but I no longer see them. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like they used remote desktop, if you don't have any backups then only the .wav files are of any use. Everything else must be reprogrammed after you have uninstalled and re-installed VM Pro. Unless you simply aren't logged in :)

Hi AM
You are right...I am sure thats what they did
I do have a backup of the vmpro from about 6 weeks ago
Can I install vmpro on a test machine...import the backup just to see what will come back??

Sure, just change the IP address in the system to test, don't forget to copy the .wavs over (including greetings etc) :)

You can always import the mdb so you can examine the call flows. It does not commit unit you click save and make live.

I have found it is the .mdb that is corrputed and is unreadable, but you can try, it can't hurt :)

I suppose that if exported to text then there is nothing to view since the text is generated from the design time database and not the run time database. Too bad since it is a better alternative to rebuild the database from a text description of the callsflows.

If he has a design time mdb from six weeks ago that is uncorrupted then that is a much better start.

Thanks guys
I restored from the backup and all is fine now
thanks for you help

No worries, make sure you put VNC server or something on that machine and disable RDP :)

need a new vendor? :)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Hi Amriddle01 - I am aware of the problem in remotely accessing the VMPro server using RDP, but are you saying that VNC avoids this? I thought that they worked in a very similar way.

We have lost modules on two of the last three upgrades performing the upgrade on the VM machine itself, don't assume it is only happening remotely, it is another Avaya issue they need to work through.

You will not have this issue with VNC, VNC controls the current session while RDP launches an additional console session, that's how the corruption hppens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back