Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help -- Top N report

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash4ever

Programmer
Aug 6, 2001
US
I used a Top-N report feature and somehow it only show the partial of the result. I'm trying to build a Top-10 report of a particular item.

I group the data based on their name first (since I have to build the report quarterly and the data is saved in the database monthly - so I need to calculate the combine total count first for 3 months) and try to build the top 10 report based on their 3 months count. Somehow the list on the left side of the report (preview mode) show all the top-10 items correctly but the report only shows 4 of them (the first 4).

Anybody could help me on this since I'm going nuts trying to find out why the other 6 items do not print out on the report.

Regards,
Vicky

Do you have a group selection formula in the report?
Do you have a conditionally suppressed section? Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the answer. There's a filter statement on Group Selection that causing this. I've removed that line (Crystal Report create this line automatically when you use their Top-N Report Wizard ... RecordNumber <= N).

After I removed that line (since it does not work with grouping), the report works fine.

Regards,
Vicky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back