Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help: password on database

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeP000

Technical User
Feb 25, 2003
AE

Hi:

Our Sqlbase server crashed yesterday , so I had re-installed fresh copy of SQLbase server and I restored the database from our backup.

I have used the rollforward command in order to make the database live again , however when I try to connect to the database using SQLtalk I get the message the user or password are in correct.

I’m new SQLbase administrator , and I did not try to connect to this database before ( the system was working fine) , and I do not know any of the passwords , can you please help me how to give myself (SYSADM) the permission to connect to this database.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Try with SYSADM/SYSADM, if this don't help contact your database creator. Good luck
Grazyna

Hi:

Thanks for your help.

The SYSADM/SYSADM did not work . unfortunately it is not possible to contact the database creator, Is there is any way to reset the password on this database ?

Regards,

Hi, have you any unloads of this database (*.sql) or can you do it? Mayby in this file can you find text f.e.'GRANT CONNECT TO &quot;SYSADM&quot; IDENTIFIED BY &quot;<encrypted-password>&quot; '... Sorry I have no more ideas.
Regards
Grazyna

Thank you Grazyna;

Unfortunately we do not have any upload of this database.

Thanks again for your help.

Are you still having problems with this database? If it is not encrypted it *can* be unloaded by a recovery expert.

Yes we could make it work , but I still would like to know how it can be unloaded without having the sysadm password , can you please guide me?

I have seen this problem when there is a mismatch between the version or patch level of the SQLBase server loaded on the server and the version of the database (*.dbs file) itself. If the database had been opened with a higher version or patch level than is currently on the server, you can get this password error. Are you sure you loaded the correct version of the software and all of the patches needed when you reloaded the server?

sysalo,

Please help-me,
i need recovery my database,
the sysadm password was forgot.
Is there is any way to reset the password on this database ?

I probably can, but I would need a copy of your database to do it. What version of SQLBase is it running on?

Hi sysalo,

Thanks for your help.

But, the password was very simple and we had a loop to find and test all possibilits and it work fine.
We had lucky.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back