Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help on assigning cost to Assembly Items!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shniff

Technical User
Aug 1, 2003
US
Currently I am using Peachtree Complete Accounting 9.0.
My problem is in assigning cost to the assembly items that have been built. I have gone through all the stock inventory items and assingned a cost to them. I expected the cost of the assembly items to be automatically calculated since the stock items that make up the assembly items have cost assinged to them?? Do I have to go through and manually assign cost to the assembly items?? Please help!

The assembly screen does not contain an area to show cost. There are some reports that show a small bit of this but basically the assembly has to be exported to another program and costed there. I wrote one for a company here in Las Vegas to do that. It also, solves the 100 item limit and allows seeing costs for subassemblies.

Bill Couture
http:\\

If you're trying to roll up your inventory costs into an assembly, remember that the cost you enter into the maintain inventory screen is NOT the cost that will be rolled up! PT uses the actual cost from Purchase/Receive inventory task. As far as I know, the cost entered into the maintenance screen is a reference that is not actually used anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back