Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE HELP .OFFICE SERVER COMPONENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

teubenragee

Programmer
May 22, 2001
DE
I want to use Excel server component to Open, Update and save Excel 4.0 File. Please tell me how to do it....
From begining to the end please

If you don't know COM, is too much to explain, but if you know, to explain is almost nothing. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

I just need an example to open an Excel file, and to put data in a specific cell, I don't need an explanation...
Please give me a sample to do this

I might give you a short sample in ATL, but it is a Microsoft's library. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

Hi Teubenragee,

I had some of the same problems that you mentioned.

I was able to learn how to do just about anything with Excel by reading chapter 15 "Using C++ Builder to Automate Word and Excel", of the book, "C++ Builder 4 Unleashed by Kent Reisdorph, et. al.". I believe Kent used to be the publisher of C++ Builders Developers Journal and is a very good writer and, in my opinion, knows C++ Builder better than even Charlie Calvert.

This may sound hard to believe but once you spend a couple of hours with chapter 15 you will be doing anything with Excel 4 through Excel 2000. I have recently automated exporting a SQL Server 7.0 query to an Excel 2000 file and C++ Builder 4 does it extremely fast.

The book is available on Amazon.com with ISBN 0-672-31510-6.

Good luck and email me at hhamner@onramp.net if you run into any stumbling blocks on using Excel automation.

Hank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back