Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

myaccess2000

Technical User
Aug 4, 2002
SG
Hi

i have a problem in calculating the grand total. I have a textbox that calculate the subtotal. the textbox name is "sum_of_debit", but the control source, i have entered an expression "=IIf(IsNull([sum_credit]),Sum([credit_amount]),Sum([credit_amount])+[sum_credit])". Hence i need to sum up everything in the "sum_of_debit". instead it prompt me to enter value for it.

So can someone help me...??

Regards
Irene

Do you have a query that is doing the summing? That is, if you take a normal select query that has, let's say, a customer field, a credit field, and a debit field, and set it up to group on customer and sum the debit and credit field, the two output fields will have the name sum of ... or something like that. after that, summing in reports became a pain. if you are doing something like that, give each summed field a name before summing so that debit becomses sdebit or something like that. Then when you try to get the report to sum, you will get something like sum(sdebit).

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response

I can't do so. I have do summing in the query and in the report, i have to do the summing again with the summing that i do in the query and value appear in the reply. That's the reason i need to check the null before i do the summing. It works on the subtotal. But for the grand total i can't reference to the textbox and doing a sum it.

Regards
Irene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back